Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back at it again


I'm a little embarrassed to post here when I see it's been over a year & a half since I've posted, but now seems like a good time to get at it again. I want to post pictures of the placemats I made Katie for her birthday (so she can see them at least before her birthday). Katie asked me to make her placemats & since it's her 30th birthday I wanted to make them special. I found a pattern I really liked & decided it would be my Labor Day project. To cut a long story short, they weren't above my ability but took way longer than I thought they would. I love how they turned out though! They aren't perfect as I would like but I told myself that if they were perfect no one would know they were home made, right? It's what I'm telling myself anyway. My friend Tracey told me they're so fancy Katie will be afraid to use them, I'll take that as a compliment. So Katie - enjoy them, they're made with lots of love! You're getting them much later than I intended but you'll be off playing anyway :)

I'm really rusty at this. Anyway, these pictures are to show that each one is a little different.




No comments: